Parmesan and Sun-Dried Tomato Scone Bread
- Vegetable oil spray
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato paste
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cheese.
- Cut in the cold butter. Stop when you have pea-size bits.
- Beat together the egg, milk and tomato paste. Mix this with the dry ingredients
just to incorporate and knead about 10 times or less. Do not overwork.
- Spray a loaf pan with vegetable oil spray.
- Form the dough into a loaf-length log and set in the pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden on top and puffed
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Wait 10 minutes longer to serve.
You can brush the top with an egg wash before baking.
Approximate values per serving: 182 calories, 9 g fat, 36 mg cholesterol,
5 g protein, 25 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 326 mg sodium, 40 percent calories from
Source: Chef Andy Broder