Poppy Seed-Swiss Cheese Bread
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender
until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in shredded cheese and poppy seeds. Make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine eggs, milk and mustard; add to well in dry ingredients, stirring just
- Spoon batter into a greased and floured 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the
center comes out clean, tenting with aluminum foil after 50 minutes, if necessary.
- Cool bread in pan for 10 minutes; remove from pan.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Savory Bread Recipes