Rice Batter Bread
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Combine rice and cornmeal.
- Stir in buttermilk and add baking soda, salt, oregano, eggs and butter. Blend well.
- Turn batter into greased loaf pan.
- Bake in oven preheated to 325 degrees F for 1 hour.
Source: A Salute to American Cooking cookbook 1968 - Stephen and Ethel
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Savory Bread Recipes