Savory Party Bread
- 1 (1 pound) unsliced round loaf sourdough bread
- 1 pound Monterey jack cheese, sliced
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 2 to 3 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Cut the bread lengthwise and crosswise without cutting through the bottom crust.
Insert cheese between cuts.
- Combine butter, onions and poppy seeds; drizzle over the bread. Wrap in foil;
place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Uncover; bake for 10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings.