Smoked Mozzarella Pizza Bread
Pull. Dip. Pull. Dip. Wipe chin. Pull. Dip. Pull. Dip. Lick fingers. That’s pretty
much the routine you’ll be following when eating this cheesey treat. One big, cheesy
bread blossom. A sourdough round coated with a buttery garlic sauce then stuffed
with smoky mozzarella cheese, imparting a nutty, toasted bite that’s perfectly dunkable
into fresh tomato-ed marinara sauce.
- 1 round sourdough bread loaf
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 cup Smoked Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Marinara sauce for dipping
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice a round of sourdough bread lengthwise and then crosswise to about
1/4 inch from the bottom of the round.
- Place butter in a microwave safe bowl with oregano and garlic salt and cook
for 30 seconds in the microwave.
- Stir and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Take out of microwave and drizzle in 1 tablespoon increments into each side
of cuts of bread, reserving 1 tablespoon butter.
- Combine the Smoked Mozzarella and Parmesan together and stuff slits of bread
- Drizzle top with remaining tablespoon of butter.
- Wrap bread round in foil and bake for 30 minutes then open foil and bake
for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately with warmed marinara sauce for dipping.
Makes one loaf bread.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
American Butter Institute - by Heidi
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Savory Bread Recipes