The Loaf of the Party
- 1 (9-inch 23-cm) unsliced round loaf of bread
- 8 slices deluxe extra-Cheddar cheese (light singles for a lighter version)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped chives
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Slice loaf into 1-inch (2.5-cm) thick slices, cutting almost, but not completely,
through the bread. Turn loaf 90 degrees and repeat, creating "fingers."
Arrange cheese slices between slices of bread, into one direction only; trim excess
cheese and use wherever needed. Sprinkle top of loaf with chopped chives.
- Wrap loaf into heavy duty al foil. Bake for 20 minutes.
- To eat, unwrap loaf and let your guests pull 'fingers', starting at the edge
of the loaf, working towards the center.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Savory Bread Recipes