The Perfect Garlic Bread
This is a great method for garlic bread.
- 9-10 garlic cloves-skin left on
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 loaf good Italian bread, cut in half lengthwise
- Toast garlic with skin on in dry pan for 8 minutes over medium-high heat, tossing
- When cool enough to handle, peel and mince.
- Heat oven to 500 degrees F with rack in center position.
- Using fork mash garlic, butter, cheese and salt together till well combined. Spread
on cut halves of bread and season with salt and pepper.
- Place bread on cookie sheet and bake till light
brown; reverse sheet if needed for even browning.
- Toast for 8-10 minutes.
Posted by Caroleann at Recipe Goldmine.