Three Grain Bread
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup rye flour
- 1 cup graham flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 1 3/4 cups sour milk
- 1/4 cup cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease well one 9-inch loaf pan.
- Put dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, place the molasses, sour milk and cream. Stir until well
blended. Pour liquid slowly into dry mixture. Stir only until well moistened.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until done.
- Cool thoroughly before slicing.