Tomato Bread with Chile Cream Cheese Spread
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 to 2/3 cup milk
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, drained
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
Chile Cream Cheese Spread
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 small can diced green chiles, drained or 1 jalapeno chile, minced
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan.
- Bread: Stir together first eight ingredients.
- Drain the tomatoes into a measuring cup and add enough milk to the liquid to make 2/3 cup.
- Add the liquid, eggs and oil to the dry ingredients and stir to blend.
- Cut the tomatoes into large chunks and carefully fold into the batter (it will be stiff).
- Spread batter into prepared pan, and bake for one hour.
- Chile Cream Cheese Spread: Mix cream cheese and chiles, adding a bit of milk
to get to desired consistency.
- Spread cooled bread slices with Chile Cream Cheese Spread.
Makes 1 loaf.
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.