A to Z Bread
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat bread flour
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached white flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups A to Z ingredients (you can use 1 cup of one ingredient and 1 cup of another.
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat 2 regular size loaf pans with canola cooking
- Add flours, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and baking powder to medium size bowl
and stir with fork to blend well.
- Beat eggs and egg whites with mixer; add oil, corn syrup and sugar. Beat until
- Add the A to Z ingredients and vanilla extract to egg mixture.
- Add dry ingredients and beat just until blended.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Spoon evenly into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until tester inserted in center comes out clean.
Yield: 2 loaves (10 slices each)
A to Z List:
Cherries, pitted and chopped
Dates, pitted and finely
Honey (omit sugar)
Lemons (use only 1/2 cup juice)
1 cup of the sugar)
Peaches, fresh or canned,
Pineapple, crushed, well drained
(use not more than 1 cup)
Strawberries, fresh or well drained frozen
Sweet potato or
yams, grated coarsely
Yogurt, plain or flavored
Zucchini, ground or grated,
Nutrition facts per serving: 200 calories, 3.4 g protein, 34 g carbohydrate,
6.3 fat, .6 g saturated fat, 21 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 219 mg sodium. Calories
from fat: 27 percent
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Sweet Bread Recipes