Amaretto Cherry Nut Bread
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup soft margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup Amaretto
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup sour or Bing cherries, pitted, halved (can use canned cherries)
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons Amaretto
- Bread: Sift dry ingredients.
- Cream sugar and margarine.
- Add eggs.
- Fold in dry ingredients, Amaretto, nuts and cherries.
- Pour into greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan and bake in 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Amaretto Glaze: Mix both ingredients. Let stand until sugar dissolves.
- Poke holes in warm bread, and pour glaze over the top.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Sweet Bread Recipes