Amaretto Coconut Bread
Toasted slices of Amaretto Coconut Bread are very nice with tea, coffee, or your favorite
- 4 ounces tofu
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Amaretto
- 14 fluid ounces coconut milk
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
- Blend together tofu and sugar thoroughly in an electric mixer or by mashing them
together in a large mixing bowl with the utensil of your choice. :-) Mix Amaretto
and coconut milk into tofu until well blended.
- Meanwhile, sift together flour, salt and baking powder.
- Toss in coconut flakes, then add dry ingredients to liquid mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Spoon batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake until done, about 50 minutes.
- Cool slightly before removing from pan.
One teaspoon of almond extract and 1/4 cup of water may be substituted for
the 1/4 cup of Amaretto; 1 1/2 cups water plus 1/4 cup oil may be used instead of
Source: Copyright 1994 Karen Mintzias - May be freely distributed
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Sweet Bread Recipes