Apple Butter Bread 2
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Cream butter and brown sugar; add egg to mixture, and beat well.
- Combine buttermilk and baking soda.
- Combine flour and spices; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk mixture, beginning and ending with flour.
- Stir in apple butter and chopped pecans.
- Pour into greased 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes; remove to wire rack, and cool completely.
Yield: 1 loaf (9 servings)
Per Serving: 411 Calories; 16g Fat (33.7% calories from fat); 5g Protein;
65g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 49mg Cholesterol; 422mg Sodium
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 3 Fat; 2 1/2