Apple Buttermilk Bread
A quick-bread recipe especially suited to breakfast; make it the night before
for best flavor.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup natural bran cereal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/3 cups buttermilk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 Gala or Golden Delicious apples, cored and chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- In medium bowl, combine both flours, the bran cereal, baking soda, baking powder,
- In large bowl, beat buttermilk, sugar, vegetable oil, egg and orange zest.
- Add flour mixture to buttermilk mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Fold in apples.
- Spread batter in prepared pan and bake 45 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick
inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool bread in pan 10 minutes.
- Cool completely before serving.
Yield: 8 servings; 1 loaf
Nutrition information per serving: Protein: 7g; Fat: 8g; Carbohydrate: 57g;
Fiber: 5g; Sodium: 236mg; Cholesterol: 27mg; Calories: 323
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.