Apple Fritter Bread
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries, halved
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8 x 4 x 2-inch loaf pan.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt.
- Combine egg and apple juice; stir into dry ingredients.
- Fold in apple, raisins, walnuts and cherries.
- Transfer to prepared pan.
- Bake or 50-55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.