Apple Fritter Bread
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries, halved
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8 x 4 x 2-inch loaf pan.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt.
- Combine egg and apple juice; stir into dry ingredients.
- Fold in apple, raisins, walnuts and cherries.
- Transfer to prepared pan.
- Bake or 50-55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.