Apple Streusel Coffee Bread
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (16 ounce) loaf frozen white bread dough
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped peeled apples
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds (optional)
- Thaw dough according to package directions.
- Divide dough in half. Let rest 10 minutes.
- On floured surface, roll each dough half to an 8-inch square. Spread each with
1 tablespoon of the softened butter.
- Arrange half the apples down the center of each dough square.
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over apples.
- Cutting toward filling, make 2-inch long cuts in dough at 1-inch intervals on
both sides of apples. Fold strips alternately over apples. Fold under ends of loaf.
- Place loaves on a greased baking sheet. Brush with melted butter.
- Stir together flour and sugar.
- Cut in the 1 tablespoon butter till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle half the crumb mixture over each loaf. Top with almost if desire.
- Cover, let rise till nearly double (45 to 60 minutes).
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until brown.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Sweet Bread Recipes