Applesauce Cocoa Bread
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom only of 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Bread: In large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda,
salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add shortening, eggs and applesauce; beat just until blended.
- Stir in pecans.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Prepare Vanilla Glaze; drizzle over bread.
- Vanilla Glaze: In a small bowl, stir together confectioners' sugar and milk.
Yield: 1 standard loaf; 1/4 cup glaze
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Sweet Bread Recipes