Orange-flavored dried cranberries are excellent in this recipe.
To bake this recipe in a 10-inch tube pan, increase all ingredients,
except salt, by one-half. For the egg, use 1 egg and 1 egg white. Bake for 5-10
minutes longer, until bread tests done.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup applesauce, sweetened or unsweetened
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour an 8 1/2 x 4 1/4 x 3-inch loaf pan.
- Combine first seven ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir in pecans and cranberries. Make a well in the center of mixture.
- Combine egg, applesauce and oil; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until
- Spoon mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until bread tests done.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove bread from pan and let cool on a wire rack.
Yield: 12 servings