Apricot-Almond Tea Bread
- 1 (6 ounce) package dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup slivered or whole natural almonds, toasted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- In small saucepan bring apricots and juice just to boiling. Pour into large bowl;
cool to lukewarm.
- Add all remaining ingredients except almonds. Mix just to blend thoroughly.
- Gently mix in almonds.
- Turn into pan; level top.
- Bake in center of oven for about 1 hour, 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted
into center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Turn out of pan onto rack to cool.
- While still slightly warm, wrap securely in plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
- Slice to serve.
Flavor is best if bread is allowed to stand for 24 hours before serving.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Sweet Bread Recipes