- 1 (6 ounce) package dried apricots, diced
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup nonfat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Garnishes: dried apricots, cinnamon sticks, grape leaves
- Combine first 8 ingredients; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Combine all-purpose flour and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well
in center of mixture.
- Add apricot mixture to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Coat either a 6-cup Bundt pan or a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Spoon
batter into pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center
comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes; remove from pan, and cool on a wire
- Garnish, if desired.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.