B and B Bread
What a terrific combination: bran and bananas.
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar or 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup All-Bran
- 1 1/2 cups bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup nuts, raisins, dates, chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream shortening and sugar; add egg, beat well.
- Add bran, bananas and vanilla extract.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add to first mixture.
- Add nuts; stir until flour disappears.
- Bake 1 hour in greased loaf pan.
Yield: 1 loaf
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.