Banana Banana Bread
This banana bread boasts a banana overload.
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4–6 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or soured milk*
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
* If using soured milk, add 2 teaspoons vinegar or lemon juice to 1/2 cup
milk and set aside.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour bread pan.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Blend in mashed bananas and eggs.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add buttermilk or soured milk. Blend until well combined.
- Stir in walnuts or pecans.
- Pour into greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until a wooden pick comes out clean.