Banana Gumdrop Loaf
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup gumdrops, cut up (omit the black ones)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1/4 oil or butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons orange juice (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Measure and sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and sugar into a bowl.
- Stir in gumdrops. Set aside.
- Combine egg, bananas, butter, milk and orange juice until well blended.
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted comes out clean.