Chocolate-Almond Zucchini Bread
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 (1 ounce) squares
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely grated zucchini
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In small bowl, beat eggs until lemon colored; beat in sugar and oil.
- Melt chocolate over hot water.
- In large bowl, add egg mixture, vanilla extract and zucchini to chocolate.
- Sift together flour, salt, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda. Stir into
- Mix in nuts.
- Pour batter in to 2 well-greased 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until done. Cool in pans 15 to 20 minutes.
- Turn out onto rack. Cool thoroughly before serving.
Yield: 2 loaves