Chocolate Chip Orange Zucchini Bread
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Sift together flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and spices.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar, and continue beating until well blended.
- Stir in oil, vanilla extract, zucchini, nuts, chocolate chips, and orange rind.
- Blend in sifted ingredients.
- Turn batter into two greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50 minutes, or until bread tests done.
- Remove loaves from pans, and cool.
- Chill before slicing.