Cranberry Almond Bread
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups cranberries, chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/2 cup almonds, sliced
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift together the dry ingredients and cut in the shortening.
- Combine the orange juice, orange zest, and egg mixing well.
- Pour over the sifted dry ingredients and mix with a few quick strokes.
- Fold in cranberries and nuts, reserving a few almond slices to sprinkle on the
top for garnish.
- Spoon into a loaf pan that was lightly spray with vegetable spray and garnish
- Bake for one hour or until tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and cool.
Yield: 1 loaf
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Sweet Bread Recipes