Cranberry Nut Bread (T&T)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 1/2 cups halved fresh or frozen cranberries, divided
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pans.
- In a saucepan, combine 1 1/2 cups cranberries, sugar and orange peel. Bring to
a boil; reduce heat and cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until the cranberries are soft.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the remaining berries and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and cloves.
- Combine eggs, sour cream and butter; stir into dry ingredients until blended.
- Fold in cranberries and nuts.
- Pour into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until the bread tests done.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Sweet Bread Recipes