Cranberry-Orange Nut Bread
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking sod
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Grated peel of 1 orange
- Juice of 1 orange plus water or Jack Daniels to measure 3/4 cup
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, cut into halves
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Blend dry ingredients.
- Mix in shortening, orange peel, juice and egg.
- Fold in cranberries and nuts.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Cool before slicing.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Sweet Bread Recipes