Creamy Banana Bread
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 4 medium)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray two 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 inch loaf pans with
nonstick cooking spray.
- Cream butter and cream cheese in a large bowl with electric mixer.
- Gradually add sugar; continue beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in mashed bananas and vanilla extract.
- Add flour, baking powder and baking soda, stirring just until moistened.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour half of batter into prepared pans; sprinkle with half of nut mixture.
- Repeat layers and bake for 45 minutes.
- Tent loosely with foil and bake for 15 minutes more or until a wooden pick inserted
in the center comes out clean.
Yield: 2 loaves
Source: Something Extra magazine - Rincon Station Firefighter Becki
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Sweet Bread Recipes