Crumb-Topped Cocoa Banana Bread
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground ginger
- Dash ground mace
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2 extra-ripe, medium-size bananas)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F . Grease bottom only of 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
- Bread: In large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, salt, baking powder,
ginger and mace.
- Add eggs, oil and banana; stir with spoon just until all ingredients are well
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over top.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Loosen sides of loaf from pan; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely.
(Loaf may be stored in refrigerator, well wrapped, for up to 1 week.)
- Crumb Topping: In small bowl, blend all ingredients until fine crumbs form.
Yield: 1 loaf
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Sweet Bread Recipes