Crunchy Banana-Colada Bread
The crunchy coconut and banana-nut topping adds a new twist to this tropics-inspired
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted or regular butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (2 medium)
- 1 (6-ounce) container Yoplait® Original 99% Fat Free Piña Colada Yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 Nature Valley® Banana Nut Crunchy Granola Bars (2 pouches from 8.9-ounce box), coarsely crushed*
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. (If using dark pan, decrease oven temperature
to 325 degrees F.) Generously grease 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with shortening or
spray with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat sugar and butter with electric mixer on medium speed
until well blended.
- Beat in eggs, bananas and yogurt.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt; beat until combined.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the crushed granola bars until well combined.
- Pour batter into greased pan.
- In small bowl, mix remaining 1/4 cup crushed granola bars and the coconut.
Sprinkle evenly over batter in pan; press in lightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 60 to 70 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted
in center comes out clean, covering with foil during last 15 to 20 minutes of
baking to prevent excessive browning.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes.
- Remove loaf from pan; place on rack. Cool completely, about 2 hours.
- Wrap tightly and store in refrigerator.
Prep Time: 15 min | Yield: 1 loaf; 16 slices
* To easily crush granola bars, do not unwrap. Use rolling pin to crush bars.
Nutritional Information 1 Serving (1 Slice) Calories 195 (Calories from Fat
Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 4g, Cholesterol 40mg; Sodium 260mg; Total Carbohydrate
28g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 15g), Protein 3g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4.00%; Vitamin C 0.00%; Calcium 2.00%; Iron
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Yoplait is a registered trademark of YOPLAIT MARQUES (France) used under license.
Bake-Off Contest Winner Susan Adams, Naperville, Illinois, Bake-Off® Contest
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Sweet Bread Recipes