As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 9 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups Lyle's Golden Syrup
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9-inch round pan (2 inches deep) and line
the bottom with parchment paper.
- Melt butter with the golden syrup.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, ginger, cloves
- Pour the syrup and butter onto the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the beaten egg and milk. Beat well. The batter will be very liquid.
- Pour batter into the pan and bake for 50 to 55 minutes. The middle should be
just set, with the edge pulling away from the pan. A tester will bring out a few
- Cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out.
Yield: about 12 servings
Approximate values per serving: 285 calories, 10 g fat, 41 mg cholesterol,
4 g protein, 48 g carbohydrates, 0 fiber, 415 mg sodium, 30 percent calories from
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Sweet Bread Recipes