Dark Date Bread
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup cut-up dates
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Grease and flour loaf pan, 9 x 5 x 3 inches.
- Pour boiling water over raisins, dates, butter and soda; let stand.
- Mix flour, sugar, and salt; beat in fruit mixture and remaining ingredients.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F 60 to 70 minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Sweet Bread Recipes