Date Nut Bread
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 egg
- Put dates, sugar and shortening into a bowl. Pour boiling water over mixture
- Sift flour with baking soda, salt and baking powder.
- Mix with dates.
- Add nuts and mix well.
- Add egg last. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake for one hour at 350 degrees F.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Sweet Bread Recipes