Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Moist, dense, and super chocolate-y, no one will ever guess there's zucchini
in this bread. What a great way to use up some of your excess harvest! This recipe
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder, optional
- 1/3 cup King Arthur All-Purpose Baking Cocoa or Dutch-process cocoa
- 1 2/3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups shredded, unpeeled zucchini, gently pressed
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F; lightly grease an 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" loaf
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, honey, oil, sugar, and vanilla until
- Add the salt, baking soda, baking powder, espresso powder, cocoa, and flour,
mixing until well combined.
- Stir in the zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake the bread for 65 to 75 minutes, until the loaf tests done (a wooden
pick or cake tester inserted into the center will come out clean, save for perhaps
a light smear of chocolate from the melted chips).
- Remove the bread from the oven, and let it cool for 10 to 15 minutes before
turning it out of the pan onto a rack.
- Cool completely before slicing; store well-wrapped, at room temperature.
Baking time: 1 hr 5 min to 1 hr 15 min
Yield: one 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
King Arthur Flour
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Sweet Bread Recipes