Eggnog Almond Tea Loaf
A lovely tea bread, rich with almonds and spiced with nutmeg and lemon.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 cup finely chopped toasted almonds
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups commercial or homemade eggnog
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and
- Add the lemon zest and almonds and stir to combine.
- In another bowl, combine the egg, vegetable oil and eggnog. Stir this mixture
into the dry ingredients just until well blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a rack to cool completely.
Yield: 1 loaf
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Sweet Bread Recipes