Fig Bar Loaf
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 to 7 fig bars, crumbled
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cups milk
- 1/3 cups vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- In small bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon and butter.
- Mix in fig bars until mixture is like coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Combine eggs, milk, oil and vanilla extract. Add to flour mixture, stirring until
- Pour 1/3 of mixture into greased and floured loaf pan.
- Sprinkle on half of fig bar mixture; pour over another 1/3 of batter.
- Sprinkle on remaining fig bar mixture; top with remainder of batter. With narrow
spatula or knife, gently cut through batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 to 55 minutes.
- Let stand in pan for 5 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Sweet Bread Recipes