As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups ripe figs, mashed
- 3/4 cup peanut oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Beat eggs, add sugar and beat well.
- Add fig puree and oil.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the fig mixture alternately with the buttermilk. Beat well.
- Fold in pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour in greased and floured loaf pans.
Yield: 3 loaves
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Sweet Bread Recipes