Fresh Raspberry Bread
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup crushed fresh raspberries, strawberries or blueberries
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray or grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla
extract until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in the flour and sour cream.
- Fold in the crushed fruit and lemon zest.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted
into the center comes out clean.
- Cool the bread in the pan for 20 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack, turn
right side up and cool completely.
This bread slices better when it has cooled for 24 hours.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Sweet Bread Recipes