Lemon Bread 3
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bread: In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Cut butter into the dry mixture using a pastry blender or your fingers until
it resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs slightly and stir in the buttermilk. Add the milk/egg
mixture to the flour mixture.
- Add the grated lemon zest and mix only until moistened.
- Spoon mixture into greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until golden.
- Cool 10 minutes then remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack. Brush
cake with glaze.
- Glaze: Heat and stir the lemon juice and sugar for 5 minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Sweet Bread Recipes