Lemon Cream Bread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter, sugar, and cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each one.
- Mix together flour, baking powder and the salt, and add alternately with milk
and water, blending well after each addition.
- Fold in nuts and lemon rind.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 1 hour or until golden brown.
- Stir sugar with lemon juice until dissolved. Drip over hot loaf. Let stand in
pan for 30 minutes, and finish cooling on a wire rack.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Sweet Bread Recipes