- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
- In mixing bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Combine milk, egg, oil, the peel and 1/4 cup lime juice. Add to dry ingredients
all at once. Stir just until moistened.
- Turn into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan onto rack.
- Combine the 2 tablespoons sugar and the 1 tablespoon lime juice. Spoon over top
- Cool completely.
- Wrap well and store overnight.
Yield: 1 loaf
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Sweet Bread Recipes