Milk and Honey Bread
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter loaf pan.
- In medium saucepan, combine 1/2 cup honey and milk, Stir over medium heat until
- Stir in melted butter. Set aside to cool.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into large mixer bowl.
- Add pecans and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Whisk egg into cooled milk mixture. Add to flour mixture. Beat at medium speed
just until blended.
- Pour into pan and smooth top.
- Bake for 65-75 minutes until wooden pick comes clean from center.
- Cool on rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove bread from pan and cool again on rack.