Mini Banana Breads
Who doesn't love banana bread? This one's mini-sized for simple gift giving. Breads make tasty gifts. Package with a colorful dish towel or pot holder.
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (3 to 4 medium)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts, if desired
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottoms only of 10 (4 1/2 x 2 1/2 x 1 1/2-inch) mini loaf pans with shortening or cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix sugar and butter with spoon.
- Stir in eggs until well blended.
- Add bananas, buttermilk and vanilla extract; beat until smooth.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt just until moistened.
- Stir in nuts.
- Divide batter evenly among pans, filling each with about 1/2 cup batter.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 2 hours.
- Wrap tightly and store at room temperature up to 4 days, or refrigerate up to 10 days.
Prep Time 20 min | Total Time 3 hr
Nutrition Information: Serving Size: 1 Slice Calories 45 (Calories from Fat 10), Total Fat 1 1/2g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg Sodium 55mg Total Carbohydrate 7g (Dietary Fiber 0g Sugars 4g), Protein 0g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%
Exchanges:0 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1/2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: