Nectarine Tea Loaf
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 3/4 pound ripe nectarines (3 large)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 large eggs
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter an 8 x 4 x 2-inch loaf pan.
- Stir or sift together flours, baking powder, salt and cardamom.
- Wash and dry nectarines; quarter and pit; dice finely. There should be about
1 1/2 cups.
- In a large bowl cream butter, sugar and lemon rind; beat in eggs singly until
blended each time.
- Add nectarines and beat gently, mixture will look curdled.
- Add flour mixture; stir gently just until flour mixture is moistened.
- Turn into prepared pan.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Let stand on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Loosen edges and turn out on rack turning right side up. Cool completely and
store in refrigerator.
This bread must be sliced fairly thickly.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Sweet Bread Recipes