There is no butter or shortening in this recipe, so it is excellent for low-fat
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Mix milk and egg and add to dry mixture. Mix thoroughly, but do not beat.
- Add nuts.
- Bake in a greased loaf pan at 350 degrees F about 1 hour or until straw comes
Yield: 1 small loaf
Best kept for a day or two then sliced as thin as possible and served with butter
or cream cheese.
This bread can be made 3 or 4 days in advance. Also freezes well.
Bread is good with salads or toasted with butter for breakfast.