- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds dates, pitted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle maraschino cherries, drained
- 2 pounds walnuts, shelled
- 5 large eggs
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add (do not chop) dates, fruit and nuts to flour mixture. Stir to coat the fruit
- Beat eggs well.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Mix into flour-nut mixture (easiest way to do this is with your hands).
- Spoon into 3 greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour or until browned.
- Cool before slicing.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Sweet Bread Recipes