- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg; mix well.
- Combine the flour, nutmeg, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture
alternately with buttermilk.
- Pour into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near
the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices)
Diabetic Exchange: 1 1/2 starch, 1 fat