Nutty Pineapple Bread
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can crushed pineapple and juice
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Cream together shortening and sugar, until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and beat well.
- Add the dry ingredients alternately with pineapple and juice. Stir to moisten.
- Stir in nuts and raisins.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour.
- Cool in pan for for 10 minutes before removing.