Old-Fashioned Gingerbread with Peach Sauce
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk with 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup brandy or apple juice with 1 teaspoon brandy flavor
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup peach brandy or peach juice
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Gingerbread: Beat sugar with butter until light.
- Add egg and molasses and blend well.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to molasses mixture alternately with milk
which has been combined with lemon juice, brandy and flavoring. Beat until smooth
and pour into a greased 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Serve in squares warm or at room temperature with Peach Sauce.
- Peach Sauce: In heavy pan, combine egg yolks and sugar.
- Heat peach brandy in separate pan and pour into yolks, whisking steadily. Continue to whisk over low
heat until thick, about 15 minutes. Cool slightly; fold in whipped cream and chill.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Sweet Bread Recipes